For those of you who use Microsoft Publisher to create newsletters, email campaigns, labels, and cards (just to name a few functions) I thought I would share some quick tips that have been found helpful:
Changing units of measurement:
- Highlight the “Tools” menu, click “Options”
- From “Options” dialog box”, click the “General” tab
- Next, select your desired unit of measurement from the drop-down menu. I chose “inches”.
An alternative to the cut/paste function:
- Click on an item you’d like to move
- Press the “Ctrl” key and
- Drag to new location. This will drag a new copy of your item instead of the original.
Formatting your fonts:
- Highlight the desired text needs a change in font
- Press “Ctrl-Shift-F”
- Press the “down” or “up” arrows keys to find the desired font, then hit “Enter”
Instead of formatting each block of text seperately, try this neat little function:
- Select a block of text that’s already been formatted to your liking
- Next, click the “Format Painter” button
- Then, select the next block of text you want formatted the same way. The formatted information will be copied over to the new block, including font, color, size, style, border, etc.
There are a variety of tips all over the internet just waiting to be discovered. Take some time to “Google” them up and see what beauties you can find! Who knows…you may find a few that work well for you.
Leave a Reply