“To-Do” lists. Everyone has them. Some even have multiple lists! YIKES!!! But, do you ever notice those lists never seem to shrink? In fact, they seem to get larger by the day; at least in my case. 🙂
Well, I’ve come up with 15 items that may be on your list that can each be done in five minutes or less! Even better, it gets those measly items checked off that growing list of yours. What I suggest, is writing these items onto your list or whichever list it corresponds to and once you’ve completed the task, mark it off.
Write it on my list just to turn around and mark it off? That’s crazy! Not really. What it does is trick your mind into thinking your accomplishing a project or task. That in turn will make you feel like you are actually making headway. And you are! In addition, it adds just enough motivation to help you push past that plateau and on to the next item on your list.
Whatever you do, don’t get discouraged. All of these “tasks” are small and can fit into any schedule. Trust me.
- Schedule that consultation with a VA you’ve been meaning to get to.
- Shred something…or buy that shredder for the office that you’ve been meaning to.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Reply to 3 emails…make it good ones, those that are pressing, not ones from your family that was a forward of a forward-those can wait until after hours.
- Preheat your oven for dinner.
- Organize your file cabinet by tossing at least 5 old files you no longer need.
- Check your voicemail.
- Get rid of all expired medicine in the medicine cabinet…this includes old vitamins, too!
- Step away from your computer and do a few stretches.
- Write that “Thank you” note that you’ve been putting off. The recipient would like to be acknowledged.
- Update your family/work calendar to show all graduation and wedding invites.
- Go through your coupons and recycle the expired ones and paperclip the valid ones to your grocery list.
- Clean out your laptop bag, purse or backpack and toss all the trash.
- Clean up your computer files by putting uncategorized ones in the appropriate folders.
- Jot down at least 5 ideas for your next blog posts.
Do you have any tasks that you would like to share? What types of tasks/projects are on your “To-Do” list(s)? Have you been successful in accomplishing them? I would love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply